Today in the world of Hitech, everything is getting digitized. From work to education, everything has changed online. Online tuition classes are getting more popular due to their unique features and students’ focused benefits. Yet, many get confused about whether choosing the online classes over offline is effective or not? What is the best tuition in India? Online or offline?
India, with the highest number of internet users in the world, seems to be in favour of online tuition. As due its easy accessibility and live interactive classes, the students are getting more indulged in online learning. As per the survey, around 90% of the students prefer to take online tuition classes especially students from class 9 to class 12. However, online and offline education has their objectives, scope and limitation. Let’s see the difference between the two.
Online Tuition Classes vs Offline: Beginning and Basic Differences
Tuition, in simple terms, is to impart education, whether through a school or through in-person tutoring, i.e. one-to-one or one-to-many, which can range from 4 to 10 students or a batch of more than ten students.
The word “tuition” is derived from the Latin word tueri, which was then changed into tuitio, and finally tuition. The location of the tuition divides it into two types that are online and offline tuition classes.
Offline tuition classes have been going on for ages where the student must get ready and travel to the educational institute. Here, they are physically present in the class environment, and study is done by sitting in front of the teacher.
Online education started in the year 1990: it has become more popular in recent times. Here, the students need not have to go anywhere and study anywhere at any time using an electronic device that is mobile, laptop or desktop.
Pros and Cons of Offline vs Online Tutoring
To know which one would be the better choice, it’s important to understand both the pros and cons of offline and online tutoring.
Pros of Offline vs Online Tuition Classes
The following are the offline and online tuition:
Online Tuition Classes:
- Online classes are convenient as you may take the classes from the comfort of your home.
- Flexible class schedule: it saves you time and effort of travelling, and you have the freedom to study in your leisure time instead of making yourself available at the scheduled time.
- The principal advantages of online classes include huge cost savings for educational institutions, as they no longer need to reserve a physical location to deliver courses. As a result, the student can afford more cheap classes.
- It fosters more interaction students can freely ask their doubts to the tutor in one-on-one interactive live sessions.
Offline Tuition Classes:
- It encourages the students-teachers interaction and expands learning beyond the traditional lectures.
- It boosts student engagement, and when such a dynamic atmosphere is created, students are more likely to communicate with one another, resulting in better learning. Researchers have observed that a well-designed classroom competition boosts students’ learning, self-esteem, and motivation.
- Offline classes can only serve the extracurricular activities of students. It helps to improve the social skills of the kids by working together and making friends.
- It also helps in classroom communication, and it is useful in a number of ways, such as it results in favorable learning results.
Cons of Offline vs Online tuition classes
Offline Tuition Classes:
- In offline classes, the educational institutes are at their location, and the student needs to travel to the destination, spending travel expenses and hours of time.
- It has an expensive mode of study, as along with the tuition fee, you need to pay the travel expense. The offline tuition classes rarely offer discounts and offers.
- The market is rapidly growing, and the demand for technology is increasing daily. The offline tuition classes yet have a lack exposure to the technology.
- There is also a limited choice of courses; you need to find out the institute which offers the course of your choice and then examine the selection criteria.
Online Tuition Classes:
- It creates a sense of isolation. The students learn to study alone. Although it makes them independent simultaneously, it creates a sense of isolation among the students.
- It requires self-discipline. If a student learns online, then they need to and self-disciplined to attend the live class.
- Online learning needs to provide additional training to the instructor to make the use of the interface easy and smooth for a better learning experience for the kids.
- Technical challenges are one of the most common disadvantages of online learning. Nothing spoils an online lesson like audio, video, or network issues.
Now you know about the online or offline tuition classes for students. You can wisely choose your mode of learning for yourself. Several offline and online tuition classes are available. You have to make the smart move while picking anyone for you.