Pursuing MBA from top B-schools in India is now in vogue among those aspirants who want to grab the top designations in the private and government sectors. Most students after the completion of their bachelor’s are going towards pursuing MBA. But for the best knowledge and best master’s degree obviously, you have to enroll yourself in top prestigious universities and institutions, and for that nowadays you have to crack the management entrance exams.
By witnessing the increase in interests of many management aspirants, those universities who are pioneers in MBA had invoked inevitable management entrance exams for taking admission into top universities for MBA.
Top colleges for MBA are – IIM’s, XRLI, IIFT, etc are the best-known institutions in India currently. Aspirants prepare like there is no tomorrow for getting enrollment into these prestigious colleges.
For you all we had created a catalog of Top 5 MBA Exams In India for any aspirants who want to pursue an MBA from top B-schools in India. Without wasting any further time, let’s proceed.
Common admission test (CAT) is the famous and most sought entrance exam for MBA in India. It’s is the first choice for every MBA aspirant in India apparently. This entrance exam is conducted once a year in the month of December and its application process often starts from the month of August. This exam is conducted for screening the eligible students for induction into MBA and PGDM courses. According to provided data, the top 100+ B- colleges accept this entrance exam. Every year 2 lakh+ aspirants appear for this exam.
Important Information Regarding CAT-:
- Eligibility criteria includes, a candidate must possess an graduation degree with at least 50% marks from an government approved college or government recognized institution.
- Exam format includes, 54 MCQ’s and 22 non MCQ’S . Total exam time is 2 hours . Exam will be conducted in online mode. For every correct answer 3+ mark will be awarded and for wrong MCQ 1 mark will be deducted.
- Exam fees for general class is 2200 Rupees and for reserved class is 1100 rupees.
XAT entrance exam is the second most highlighted and often referred to as the toughest business management exam in India. Xavier’s reason and aptitude test are conducted swiftly under the sole command of XLRI( Xavier’s labor relation institute), Jamshedpur on the behalf of XAMI ( Xavier’s association of management institute). More than 1 lakh Xaviers applicants appear to crack XAT. The very sole purpose of XAT is to shortlist the eligible candidates for the induction into the postgraduate degree program of management at XLRI, XISS, XIM, etc. 150+ B- colleges accept XAT. The process of application starts in August and the exam is conducted in the month of January.
Important Information Regarding XAT-:
- Eligibility criteria includes, the candidate should possess an graduation degree. XLRI hadn’t invoked any minimum marks restrictions.
- Exam format includes, there are merely 100 MCQ’S with a time limit of 180 minutes. 1+ marks will be rewarded for correct answer and 0.25 will be deducted for wrong answer.
- Exam fees is , 1800 INR (+300 for XLRI programmes).
Common management admission test or CMAT is a national level test conducted every once a year in the month of January to screen and select the eligible candidates for management courses and programs into premium colleges of management. 1000+ B-schools accept CMAT in India. Until 2018, CMAT was conducted under the sole command of AICTE( All India council of technical education), from 2019 onwards newly firmly established NTA ( national test agency) had taken full control of CMAT. India’s top prestigious management and business universities and colleges accept this exam.
Important Information Regarding CMAT-:
- Eligibility criteria includes, a candidate must have a graduate degree in any discipline with minimum 50% for general category, and for reserved category minimum 45% is must required.
- Exam pattern includes, there are merely 100 MCQ’s with total 400 marks . 4+ marks for correct answer and 1 mark will be deducted for wrong answer.
- Exam fees is , 2000 INR for General categories and 1000 INR for reserved categories.
Indian Institute of foreign trade (IIFT) offers a unique chance to pursue MBA in international business trade which is a pioneer in India. It’s a national level test conducted by NTA every once a year for selecting eligible to induct into IIFT Delhi, Kolkata, and Kakinada campuses. More than 70 thousand aspirants appear in this exam to make their carrier in international foreign business and trade. IIFT Delhi is a world-renowned college in the arena of International foreign trade.
Important Information Regarding IIFT Exam -:
- Eligibility criteria includes, all appearing applicants should possess an graduation degree in any discipline from government recognised college or institution with minimum 50% of marks for general category and minimum of 45% marks for Reserved categories.
- Exam pattern includes, there are total 110 MCQ’s of total weighting 300 marks with a time limit of two hours. 3 and 1.5 marks for correct answer (according to sections) and 1/3 marks will be deducted for wrong answers.
- Exam fees is , 2500 rupees for General and OBC categories . 1000 rupees for SC/ST /PH categories.
Graduate Management Aptitude Test ( GMAT) is the most possible exam for those candidates who want to pursue MBA from elite foreign universities and colleges. More than 2200 international business and management colleges accept this exam and the graduate Management Aptitude council is a profit council. An MBA aspirant can appear 5 times in a year for this exam. Many big and prestigious colleges also had approved this test for the induction of candidates, indeed.
Important Information Regarding GMAT-:
- As per information provided by Graduate Management Aptitude Council, there is no specificed criteria for appearing applicants. However he/she should be atleast 18 years of age and there is no upper limit .
- Exam format includes, there are merely 80 MCQ’s , with time limit of 3 hours and 10 minutes. There is no negative marking . And the paper will be conducted in merely English.
- The fees for GMAT is 18,300 INR .
- All these exams listed above are top 5 MBA entrance exams in india currently.
- May this article help you with choosing your suitable exam to pursue MBA.