Engineering is an immense obsession and it reflects the grandeur of one’s carrier in India. We all know that Engineering stream is still being the most sought after program in India. Very after the child is born, his/her’s guardians start dreaming to enroll their child to engineering stream after completion of 12th. It’s a virtue for Indian teen if they takes admission in any sort of engineering stream in prestigious universities or institutions.
For many middle class Indian families, making their child an engineer is considered as a elevator to lift themselves up to rich class family and making a lot of money. So that their children can reap the benefits of success. Many teenagers are driven by their obsession to enroll themselves into Universities and institutions which are pioneer in engineering stream.
At a certain instance, it’s astonishingly true also. Many young boys and girls who became successful individuals after completion of engineering, they had lifted their status of living and lifestyle of themselves and their families too by getting place in top MNCs around the world.
For you all we had created a catalogue of Top 5 Engineering Exams conducted in India for getting enrollment into premium and prestigious Engineering colleges top in India. So without wasting any further time, let’s proceed.
Jee Main (joint engineering entrance test) is the largest engineering entrance exam conducted at AIEEE (all India engineering entrance exams). Every year more than 12 lakh aspirants make an attempt to appear for this exam. It is conducted and supervised by NTA (national test agency). To get enrolled in India’s top engineering colleges – IIT’s, NIT’ and other government recognized and approved elite engineering colleges, an aspirant have to crack JEE MAIN Entrance exam. Those who managed to rank among the top 1.5 lakhs candidates, they are advanced towards JEE advanced entrance exams.
Inevitable Points Regarding JEE MAIN-:
- Now there is no barrier of scoring minimum 75% percentile in 12th to appear in jee main exam due to covid 19 pandemic.
- There’s no age limit to appear in this exam.
- All aspirants can appear 4 times in a year and for three consecutive years.
- Criteria includes 10+2 with PCM as compulsory subjects.
- Reservation includes, 7.5% for ST, 15% for SC, 27% for OBC, 3% for disabled individual’s s.
- Exam duration is of 3 hours. Mode of exam is online mode due to covid 19 pandemic. Language of exam is in English, hindi and 11 other languages. There are MCQ’s and questions with numerical value as answers. Total no of question paper is of 300 marks. There is no negative marking.
- Application fees includes, 325 rupees for boys and girls belonging to SC/ST/OBC. 650 rupees for boys and 325 for girls of General class.
The Birla institute of technology and science conduct this exam every year for those aspirants who wants to get inducted into BIT’s colleges. Every year more than 2 lakhs aspirants appear in this exam. After IIT’s and NIT’s, BIT’s takes place for engineering degrees and courses. There are 3 branches of this Institution- BIT’s goa, Hyderabad and pilani. This institution is best option after IIT’S and NIT’s for engineering.
Inevitable Points Regarding BITSAT-:
- There is no age limit for BITSAT
- Eligibility Criteria includes, a candidate must have passed 12th with mandatory subjects PCM with minimum 75% or any equivalent courses from government recognized board. He should possess adequate proficiency in English.
- Exam pattern includes, the exam is conducted online mode due to pandemic. Duration of exam is 3 hours. There are total 150 MCQ’S questions. Language of exam is only in English. 3 marks for correct and 1 mark will be deducted for wrong answer.
- The syllabus is based on 11th and 12th NCERT of PCM.
- Fees for male candidates is 3300 and for female candidates is 2800 INR.
- There is no type of caste reservation in BIT’s exam. It is based on merit.
Vellore institute of technology is private university situated in Vellore, India. It is one of the top prestigious Engineering colleges in India. VIT conducts VITEEE exam for induction of students who want to pursue a carrier in engineering stream. VITEEE ranks 3rd no in India in engineering entrance exams. Thousands of students appear in for this entrance exam.
Inevitable Points Regarding VITEEE-:
- The candidate should not exceed the limit of 22 age.
- Eligibility Criteria includes, 10+2 from government recognized board with minimum 60% of marks in PCM and biology (for medical stream students). And 50% marks for SC/ST belonging from north eastern states, j&k.
- Exam pattern includes, the question paper is of total 80 marks. 1+ marks for correct answer and there is no negative marking.
- Syllabus of VITEEE is from 11th and 12th PCMB of CBSE or state recognized board.
- Application fees is 1150 INR.
- Reserved category candidates (SC/ST) are given the concession of 10% marks in VITEEE.
SRM institute of science and technology conducts SRMJEE entrance exams for UG engineering courses by SRM University. SRM University is th pioneer in Engineering colleges in India. Many students make an attempt to appear in this entrance exam.
Inevitable Points Regarding SRMJEE-:
- The applicant should be at least 16 years of age and maximum 21 years of age.
- Eligibility criteria includes, 10+2 with minimum 65% in PCM/B . For merely Btech the applicant should have passed some other relevant entrance exam with at least 50% marks.
- Exam pattern includes, there are total 125 MCQ’s questions of 125 marks. Time duration is two hours and 30 minutes. It will conducted online and exam will be conducted in English only.
- Syllabus for SRMJEE is from 11th and 12th PCMB CBSE or government recognized board.
- Exam fees is 1100 INR.
- There is no reservation quota available in SRM University.
Manipal academy of higher education conducts Manipal entrance test for enrollment of students into Manipal University. Manipal University comes in top prestigious universities in India for pioneer in Engineering. MET exam took place at top 5 Engineering entrance exams in india.
Inevitable Points Regarding MET-:
- The candidate must not be more than 31 years of age.
- Eligibility criteria includes, the candidate should have secured at least 50% of marks in 10+2 with PCM or any other optional subjects.
- Exam format includes, there will be total 60 MCQ’s and numerical answer type questions of total 240 marks , time duration is of 2 hours . 4+ for correct answer and 1 mark will be deducted for only MCQ’S.
- Application fees is 2000 INR.
- Syllabus is of 11th and 12th stream subjects of CBSE or any state recognized board.
- There is no reservation quota in Manipal academy.
All these exams listed above are top engineering entrance exams conducted in India for admission in pioneer engineering colleges. May this article help you to choose your suitable engineering exam?