Among the other alternatives, IVF has a higher success rate to cure infertility in men and women. Usually, IVF is the best way to overcome infertility. Along with women, several men are suffering from infertility. If the examination of a male’s semen is abnormal, it is essential to know the exact reason. Abnormal semen means low sperm count, poor quality of sperm, etc. Sometimes, other alternatives can help to cure these problems.
If these methods are unsuccessful, IVF (in vitro fertilization) comes to help couples with infertility issues. In other words, it is better to say that “IVF is the last option for infertility”. IVF is a great and successful alternative for those couples who have infertility with a malefactor. Let’s find out several facts about IVF & male infertility!
Symptoms of Male Infertility
If men are unable to get pregnant with their partner due to some medical conditions, it is known as male infertility. In the entire world, male infertility is increasing gradually. Most people are wondering about a better alternative for male infertility. However, you can also visit the male fertility clinic to cure infertility issues in men. Here are the symptoms of infertility in men:
- Impotency: – If men have null erection power or they are unable to keep an erection for a longer time, it is called impotence. As per the study, it is one of the most important signs of male infertility.
- Genetic & Chromosomal Issues: – These types of problems create complications in the production of sperm. These disorders make a person unable to pregnant any female partner.
- Retrograde Ejaculation: – It is also called a “dry orgasm”. In such a condition, a male is unable to ejaculate his semen from the body. That is why; it is another important symptom behind infertility.
Other Options except for IVF to Cure Male infertility
Unquestionably, the IVF success rate in India is higher to cure infertility issues in both males and females. However, experts used IVF as a last option for treating infertility. Several infertility issues can be diagnosed and treated by other methods. Here are some other alternatives to cure infertility in males:
- Medications: – The first option recommended by doctors/experts is the prescribed medications. To maintain the imbalance of hormones (low testosterone), doctors will advise taking medications.
- IUI (intrauterine insemination): – It is another method to cure low sperm counts in men. However, this method is less expensive for normal cases of infertility in males.
- Surgery: – To cure varicocele, the doctor performs surgery in males. Also, surgery is performed on several causes of infertility.
- Treating Sexual Disorders: – There are several disorders during intercourse. Thus, various treatments are available to cure sexual disorders in males. Apart from the above methods, the treatment of IVF is most effective, reliable, and successful.
How IVF helps in Male Infertility?
If the semen analysis includes abnormalities, the doctor suggests IVF treatment. Unlike other methods, IVF has a higher success rate to cure multiple infertility factors in males like:
- Low sperm count along with blockage: – IVF helps men with the low sperm count and blockage in the tubes. Through this technique, experts can easily clear the blockages in a tube and deal with low sperm count.
- Motility of sperm: – In men, the quality, quantity, and movement of sperm play an important role to bring a healthy baby. Thus, IVF can help you to maintain the motility of sperm. The sample of semen is collected and sent to the lab for fertilization.
- Other malefactors: – According to the study, there may be more than one reason behind male infertility. Also, IVF with ICSI (intracytoplasmic sperm injection) can cure additional male factors completely. To identify the causes of infertility, you should go with a male fertility test. However, the cost of male fertility tests depends upon the causes and types of infertility.
Process Included in IVF for Male Infertility
To deal with male infertility, IVF is an ideal choice in comparison to other methods. Usually, IVF is the best method that can cure infertility with modern techniques. Here are some steps included in the process:
- The first step is to collect sperm samples of male partners. For this, the male has to masturbate in a private room at the hospital.
- Afterward, the sample of sperm is sent to the lab for additional tests.
- Sometimes, a sample has to freeze for future use through IVF.
- An embryologist prepares and fertilizes the sample of sperm. In this way, you can increase the chances of having a baby in your life.
Infertility is not a good sign for a happy married life. If you are facing any infertility issue, it is better to contact a fertility specialist/doctor. As per your problem, the doctor will suggest a better alternative for you. After trying many methods, if you are not getting results, it is best to choose IVF treatment!