If any couple is going to plan for a baby, they should reduce the consumption of alcohol. Not only women but men should also take care of the daily lifestyle for their upcoming baby. Your daily lifestyle is a major reason behind your infertility. In other words, using alcohol may affect the fertility level in you (men). According to the study, mostly males are suffering from infertility only because of “using alcohol”. Alcohol can cause male infertility in several ways: –
Reduce Erection Power
Undoubtedly, alcohol is injurious to health. It not only impacts your physical health but also has negative effects on sexual health. Erectile dysfunction is a major cause that occurs by using alcohol and:
- By using alcohol, blood vessels start to widen that imbalance the blood flow in the veins of the penis.
- Due to erectile dysfunction, the penis is not able to erect properly in men. Sometimes, the male has to face null erection power in the penis.
- Without an erection, it is not possible to release sperm inside the vagina. As per the research, long-lasting erection power is a must to enjoy a better sexual life.
- After drinking too much alcohol, the body of a male slows down, which leads to infertility.
- Alcohol contains lots of caffeine that is not safe for your sexual health.
Decrease the Production of Testosterone
It is the only testosterone that can stimulate the level of fertility in men. Usually, testosterone is a sex hormone that plays an important role in sexual life. Extra consumption of alcohol is directly related to the low level of testosterone. Here are some important points:
- Alcohol includes a major component that is known as “ethanol”.
- Ethanol can easily dissolve in the body that leads to a decrease in the coenzyme NAD+. Usually, coenzyme NAD+ is an essential ingredient to boost the production of testosterone.
- Besides, consumption of alcohol also has negative impacts on Leydig cells. These cells are so important to increase testosterone production.
- Also, alcohol increases the level of oestrogen inside the body. Due to the hormone imbalance, a male has to face several infertility problems.
- In such conditions, men should visit the male fertility clinic for proper guidance and assistance.
It Also Affects the Quality of Sperm
Sperm is the main aspect for a couple to bring the baby into their life. It is so important to maintain the quality of sperm in the body. If the quality of sperm is low, it may create several complications and can cause infertility in men. Similarly, alcohol affects the quality of sperm in many ways like:
- Alcohol reduces the motility of sperm: – According to several studies, extra usage of alcohol may reduce the motility of sperm. It includes low sperm count, movement, and shape of the sperm.
- Zero sperm count: – Sometimes, men have to face zero sperm count in their semen because of extra consumption of alcohol. Zero sperm count is also a major cause of infertility in males.
- Alcohol harms the cells: – Alcohol also harms several cells that reduce the development of sperm. In other words, too much alcohol is directly related to abnormal semen.
It Decreases the Production of Sperm
Alcohol also impacts the production of sperm in the body. However, daily lifestyle is also responsible for the low sperm production and:
- Alcohol directly affects the anterior pituitary gland along with the hypothalamus.
- It also has negative impacts on the testes.
- It discards the production of testosterone.
- It regulates the production of estrogen.
- Also, the cost of male fertility test is higher at any fertility clinic. Here, you can take better advice regarding your infertility issues.
It Reduces the Quantity of Sperm
If you are using too much alcohol, it may decrease the quantity of sperm. The low quantity of sperm is also a major issue behind infertility. That is why; it is important to maintain the quality of sperm to increase fertility level.
Drinking alcoholic beverages is not a good habit to maintain physical and mental health. In the whole world, mostly males are facing several infertility causes. According to the study, it has been observed that daily lifestyle is an important reason behind most infertility problems. That is why; maintain a good and healthy lifestyle to protect your body through several health problems. Drinking alcohol is not the only good alternative for you.
If you are trying to conceive a baby, it is advised to stop the consumption of alcohol. By maintaining your lifestyle, you can conceive a healthy baby. Both males and females have to take care of their health and daily routine to avoid various infertility issues. Use healthy foods like milk, vitamins, proteins, green veggies, eggs, etc. However, you should also consult with your doctor/expert about a diet plan to increase the fertility level!