Education is a basic need which every person no matter poor or rich should acquire. And the poverty stricken people are in dire need of education as it can help them to uplift themselves. With the efforts of government the basic education is being provided to everyone but the poor hesitates when it comes for higher education as they don’t have enough funds to bear there education. With this novel intention to support the poor minorities for their higher education, West Bengal government has initiated Aikyashree Scholarship. This scheme has mainly covered, all the minority students like Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, Sikh, Jains, and Parsis students. And it has applicable to only West Bengal state citizens.
If you need each and every bit of information about Aikyashee Scholarships from eligibility criteria, scholarship details to registration process, please follow our instructions. This article will help you get started with the registration process and will help you to avail the benefits of this scheme.
By offering financial assistance, this initiative aims to promote socioeconomic and educational activity. As a result, the scheme aims to support deserving students from minority populations. This scholarship’s main goal is to encourage minority populations to send their children to school and prevent drop outs.
Features of the Aikyashree Scholarship scheme
- This scholarship program will benefit those students who aspire to continue their education but are unable to do so owing to financial constraints.
- Depending on the sort of scholarship, incentives will be given correspondingly.
- Students belonging to minority will be given better educational opportunities.
- It will be open to students in grades 1st through PhD.
- In addition, student will feel powerful in a socioeconomic environment.
- The registrations will be done through an online portal, which will make the application procedure simple and painless.
- Female candidates will be given preference.
- Students can also apply for application renewal directly through the platform.
- Applicants can also utilize the portal to keep track of their application’s progress.
- Because the scholarship will be administered entirely online, students will receive funds immediately into their accounts via a secure DBT (Direct Bank Transfer).
|Name of the Scheme||Aikyashree Scholarship|
|Launched By||State Government of West Bengal|
|Beneficiaries||Students of West Bengal state who belong to Minorities (Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, Sikh, Jains, and Parsis students)|
|Courses||Class 1 – Ph.D.|
|Objective||To promote socioeconomic and educational status of poor minorities of West Bengal.|
Types of Aikyashree Scholarship
There are mainly three types of Scholarships provided under this scheme.
Pre- Matric Scholarship: – This scholarship is given to support the primary education of students studying between class 1 and class 10. The amount given in scholarship will range from 1100 Rs to 11000. Based on the subject studied by the student.
Post- Matric Scholarship: – Students from class 11 to Ph.D. are eligible for this scholarship program. Graduates, postgraduates, M.Phill, B.ed students can apply under this program. Scholarships are up to a limit of 16500 rupees. As per the scholarship rules, this amount may be reduced or increased by the institution.
Merit-cum-Means Scholarship: – This scholarship is given to support the students who are pursuing technical courses in the fields of Engineering, Medical and other fields. This scholarship has a upper limit of 27500 rupees
Eligibility Criteria of Aikyashree Scholarship
|Pre- Matric and Post- Matric Scholarships||The applicant must be a resident of West Bengal and be enrolled in an authorized school or institution, or a university recognized by the state or central government. He or she must possess not less than 50% marks or equivalent grade in the previous final examination. The family income should not exceed Rs.2 lakh per annum. Students studying outside West Bengal will not be eligible for pre-matric or post-matric scholarships.|
|Merit-cum-Means Scholarship||A student must reside in West Bengal, must be enrolled in a technical / professional course, and must have scored at least 50% in his/her last Higher Secondary/Graduation examination. The family’s income should not exceed Rs.2.5 lakh per year. Students who are residents of West Bengal, but studying in institutions outside West Bengal, may also be considered.|
Documents needed to apply for Aikyashree scholarship
- A scanned photo of the applicant’s passport size.
- A digital or scanned signature of the applicant.
- Aadhar card for proof of identity.
- Address proof.
- Certificate of Minority.
- Income Certificate of the family.
- Previous year’s result.
- Previous year’s fee receipt.
- A valid Mobile number.
- Bank account details of the applicant.
- West Bengal Digital Ration Card 2021 (Optional)
Procedure of online registration for Aikyashree Scholarship
- To begin, go to the Aikyashree Scholarship’s official website and scroll down to the Scholarship section.
- Click on Scholarship
- A new window will open. Here, click on the New Registration option above the top right corner of the website.
- You then need to select the district where the institute is located.
- Next, you need to fill out the online form with all the required details. The mobile number should be correct as well as the bank account details.
- Attach all the documents required during the registration process.
- At the end, click the submit button.
- Now your application has been registered with government officials. The application number has already been generated. Please save it for future reference.
We hope that our post has provided you with all of the information you need about the Aikyashree Scholarship; keep tuned for further updates. If you have any questions, you can contact us by leaving a message in the comment box, and we will surely respond.